Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Someone asked me what my New Year's resolutions were, and I replied none. I've not made a New Year's resolution in a long time, generally because I believe there's no time like the present. If I waited once a year to get my act in gear in one area or another I'd never get anything done. I do like the formality of it all, though. A personal legislation body of one can annually draw up a decree for all the citizenry (population 1) to follow. Neato.

I came across this article on Slate today. Christopher Hitchens puts forth the argument that Rick Warren (head of Saddleback church and active campaigner in support of Prop 8) is a douche bag of many flavors and not just sexual intolerance. From this article I now have my favorite diss of the day: Hitchens refers to the president of Syria, Bashar Assad, as a "Human Toothbrush". Delightful.

No comments: